You can browse with your normal browser using your Seedbox's IP using the included http proxy.
!IMPORTANT: THIS ARTICLE IS FOR VERSION 1 SEEDBOXES. THIS FEATURE IS NOT YET AVAILABLE FOR VERSION 2 SEEDBOXES.
- Login to your client area.
- Underneath the list which says My Seedboxes, locate the seedbox you want to see the connection details and click the Manage button on the right.
* After clicking Connection Info and then the HTTP Proxy tabs http proxy connection hostname and port are also listed there.
Important: Before you use the http proxy, make sure that the "Http access" in the installable applications page, is installed. If not, click to install it. This will enable your http proxy.Then open your favourite browser, and in its connection settings, enable an http/ssl proxy with the hostname and port listed in your connection details tab. No other method of proxy (like ftp, socks etc) will work with these settings, only http and ssl.After you try to open a page, you might be requested to login to the proxy (a username/password popup will appear). Use the same login information as your seedbox (rutorrent interface, listed in the "Login Information" tab).
- Open Internet explorer, then click the Tools button and then choose Internet Options. Then click the tab named Connections and then the LAN settings.
Select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. In the address and port boxes that will appear underneath, type your http proxy IP and port numbers that appear on your seedbox's Connection Details.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, then click the Tools button and then choose Options.
- After clicking the Advanced button, click the Settings button under the Network tab.
- Choose the Manual proxy configuration and type the proxy and port number in your account.
- Open Google Chrome, then choose the Settings option from the list that appears if you click the button on the upper right corner of your browser.
- To be able to edit the Network settings you will need to click the Show advanced settings option. Afterwards click the Change proxy settings... option that will appear under Network.
- Furthermore, a window called Internet Properties will appear. From there you will need to follow the LAN settings link.
- Finally, checking the Use a proxy server for your LAN box(similar to the Internet Explorer guide) you can add your server address and port.
- Open Safari, and after you click the Settings button navigate to Preferences...
- Click the Advanced settings and then the Change Settings... button next to Proxies.
- Just like in some of the previous browsers the a window displaying your Internet properties will appear. Once again, Edit the proxy address and port and click OK.